THE AMAZING MATH WIZARDS.
As a certified teacher, Monica Peterson’s tales create interactive experiences that engage audiences and teach language arts skills. Stories from around the world come alive as listeners journey underground to a Danish troll’s cavern or dance in a South African village. Historical themes such as heroines of the American Revolution are also offered.
STORIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Unique folktales of courage, humor, and concern for the environment. Subjects include:
- Origin myths
- Magical creatures
- Brave individuals who turn disaster into success
- Tricksters from African and Native American traditions
True accounts of women whose determination helped establish this country. Hear about:
- The female Paul Revere and other heroines of the American Revolution
- Connecticut women who worked for gender and racial equality
- American women who served in wartime
AMAZING MATH WIZARDS
Renowned harpist Wendy Kerner and professional educator and storyteller Monica Peterson take young students (pre-K -2nd grade) on an exciting musical journey through Story Land where they will explore addition, 2D and 3D shapes, relative position words, and even play a harp. Math skills based on Common Core Standards are incorporated into stories that feature animals, puppets and other fun props, along with lots of audience participation. This participation engages students and fosters life skills such as co-operative problem solving, learning from mistakes and experimentation.
HOLIDAY STORIES (ALL AGES)
Shows based on holidays and seasons are presented such as:
- Spiders and Pumpkins – A Harvest Celebration
- Christmas in Many Lands
- Leprechauns and Blarney – Saint Patrick’s Day Fun